From the Newsroom
Wouldn't it be exciting if in honor of God's goodness to the Texas District for the past 100 years, all of our members would be given the opportunity to "give away" scripture or a portion of scripture?
We are asking you to become a part of this exciting event as a way of giving thanks to God for His blessings on our District for 100 years.
We encourage you to do the following:
- Order large quantities of the Gospel of John from the International Bible Society. There are a variety of translations available from.30 to.40 cents each depending on the translation and the quantity. (You may want to distribute the entire Bible. They are also available from the same site.)
- Create a label that can be placed in each Bible with wording similar to this, "This Bible is a gift to you from ____________ Lutheran Church in thanksgiving to God for the 100 years of ministry of the Texas District of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, 1906-2006."
- Provide members with several copies of the Gospel of John and encourage them to find creative ways to share the scripture with those whom God places in their lives.
- Provide opportunity for members to share how they distributed their Bibles and how God used that as a way to minister to people.
- Share stories with John Goeke so that other Lutherans can be encouraged by God's faithfulness in sharing His Word.
- Promote the sharing of scripture from February thru the District Convention in June.
Would you agree that the truthfulness of Scripture is at the heart of our Lutheran Doctrine? What better time to promote the reading of God's Word than at this Anniversary time.
Thank you for your faithfulness in sharing God's Word in your congregations. Please join us in sharing His Word with the people of Texas who may not be a part of the body of believers.
If you have questions, information to share, or suggestions for celebrating the Centennial event, feel free to email me at email@example.com or call me at 325-784-7870.
Director of Public Relations
October 2005 Newsroom
November 2005 Newsroom
January 2006 Newsroom